The Fondo de Ahorro de Panamá Publishes its Preliminary (Unaudited) Results for Third Quarter 2016
Panama | November 18, 2016
The Fondo de Ahorro de Panama (“FAP” or “Fund”) has published its portfolio performance report for the third quarter 2016 (“3Q2016”).
- Total Fund assets : USD 1,454.9 million;
- Total Fund net assets: USD 1,281.1 million;
- Performance – year-to-date at 3Q2016: 4.7%;
- Gross income – year-to-date at 3Q2016: USD 59.5 million; and
- Performance – last 12 months: 5.7%
Complete 3Q2016 Report (in Spanish)
The information presented has not been independently audited. Information regarding gross income (performance) include interests, dividends and assets valuations on a mark-to-market basis before costs.
About the Fondo de Ahorro de Panama
The Fund was created by Law 38 of June 5, 2012, whose main objectives are:
- Establish a long-term savings mechanism for the Panamanian State; and
- Establish a stabilization mechanism in case of a state of emergency (declared by the Cabinet’s Council) and economic slowdowns.